A Detailed Review Of Credit Cards Banking In The Online Gambling Industry
It seems as if credit cards have been around forever. They’ve become a major part in all of our financial dealings. It’s only natural to see plenty of people relying on them for online gambling as well. There’s hardly a casino that doesn’t offer credit cards such as VISA and MasterCard as a payment option. This article will examine all aspects of using credit cards at online gambling operators.
How To Determine Which Credit Cards Casino Is The Best?
There are a couple of important factors you should explore before depositing your hard-earned cash:
- Security and regulation: one of the first things you need to check is if the casino you picked is legit. The biggest safety net is the license it has and the regulator behind it. Also, additional certificates by game auditors like eCorgra, for example, will secure the fair play of the games;
- Games available: the best credit cards casinos in the business will provide an exceptional games selection. At least a couple of hundred slots, some card and table games, and video poker are almost mandatory. If you want tables with real dealers, look for operators that have a live casino section as well;
- Promotions: thanks to the internet, the house edge is the lowers it has been in the history of gambling. Even better, the players are being spoiled with all kinds of promotions that provide extra value. You want to find casinos offering credit cards that will give you constant opportunities to earn more cash;
- Waiting time for cash-outs: credit cards are not the fastest payment option out there, but that doesn’t mean you have to wait forever to receive your money. A couple of working days is fine, anything longer than a week in total is simply not acceptable;
- Mobile version: playing on the go is fun and convenient. If you’re one of the millions who like to enjoy games on their phone or tablet, make sure to pick a casino with a solid mobile version. The key factors here the variety of the games and the performance;
- Customer support service: any respectable casino should take a good care of its customers. If any issue arises, it should be resolved quickly with the assistance of the staff. Live chat and phone lines are the best way to handle this, preferably working 24/7.
What Types Work For Online Casinos?
Not all credit cards are accepted online, but there are a couple which are almost always available:
- VISA: the VISA cards were introduced as early as the 1950s and are the most recognizable up to this date. This is the reason you will find VISA credit cards, as well as VISA Electron in the Cashier section of pretty much every gambling operator online;
- MasterCard: this type of credit card is almost as widely accepted as VISA. Most of the casinos will gladly take your MasterCard deposits. The issue is that some of them won’t allow you to withdraw. This is why you should check in advance to avoid any issues later;
- AmEx: these are the credit cards of American Express. They are the third most popular globally. Some gambling operators have integrated them to their platforms, most of them British;
- Other options: it’s possible to see other credit cards such Diners Club International, but that’s rarely the case.
What Are The Reasons To Use Credit Cards
The competition between online payment providers is relentless, but credits cards seem to hold their position firmly. Here are the main reasons why:
- Popularity: credit cards are accepted at pretty much any operator on the market, especially if you have VISA or MasterCard. You won’t have any problems finding a suitable casino;
- Instant access to your funds: when you withdraw money, you will have instant access once it reaches your card. You can use ATM machines, pay for stuff online, and everything else;
- Instant deposits: adding your credit card details takes just a couple of minutes and the deposits are completed instantly. You will be able to start playing in no time at all;
- Security: if you picked respected casinos offering credit cards, there’s no chance whatsoever for the operator to scam you;
- High limits: usually, you can deposit and withdraw large amounts of money using credit cards;
- No fees: you shouldn’t be a subject to fees when using credit cards.
What Are The Negative Sides
There are a couple of disadvantages if you decide to use credit cards as your preferred payment method for online gambling:
- Withdrawal waiting times: unlike e-wallets that arrive almost instantly, withdrawals with credit cards take up to 5 business day. This means you could have to wait up to a week and even more, if there’s a bank holiday, for example. Still, most of the time the money will reach you in about 3 working days which is more than acceptable;
- Verification required: most of the credit cards casinos on the market will probably ask for verification at some point. It’s because of their anti-fraud and money laundering policies. You will have to send a picture of your credit card which is hardly a big problem, rather a minor inconvenience;
- No withdrawals at some casinos: certain operators will accept credit card deposits, but not withdrawals for the likes of MasterCard and Diners. This means you effectively have to use another payment method to receive your money. Better stay away from such casinos;
- Be careful with credits: the concept behind credit cards is that you could spend money that you actually don’t have. If you’re not careful when playing in online casinos, this could leave to all sorts of problems. You should always stay within the amount of money you can afford to lose.
How Do You Use Credit Cards For Online Gambling
The whole process is fairly simple, both for deposits and withdrawals. You need to open the Cashier of the casino and pick the type of credit card you will be using (VISA, MasterCard, other). The operator will ask you to fill in some details such as card number, card holder’s name, expiration date and the Card Verification Value (CVV). After you’re done, you can complete the transfer. The good news is that any further transaction will usually require to just confirm the CVV and avoid going through the whole procedure again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers of some popular questions related to gambling online with credit cards:
What happens if my card gets stolen? All banks have security teams that will block your account if there’s a sign of suspicious activity. Furthermore, even if someone used your card already, you will probably get your money back. Of course, in a case of theft, try to reach your bank as fast as possible.
What happens if my credit card expires? You should get a new one from your bank and simply start using it for online gambling.
Can I use another person’s credit card to deposit? The best online casinos offering credit cards expect the account holder and the credit card holder to match. This means you have to use your own cards only.
Time To Sum It Up
Credit cards continue to be one of the most reliable methods for online payments and the casino industry is not an exception. With so many customers using them, the operators will keep accepting transactions with credit cards. The only notable downside is the withdrawal time. However, you can work around it with a proper planning.