What Are The Best Providers Of Online Casino Software
Thanks to the rise of the Internet, there are thousands of online casinos nowadays. The demand for new and better games is extremely high and this creates endless opportunities. As a result, many companies managed to build a solid fan base and provide high-quality products for many different gambling operators.
How To Pick The Casinos With The Best Software
Here are a couple of simple rules that will help you pick a casino with good software and a solid overall service:
- Software provider: in the past, good software providers such as Playtech, Microgaming, NetEnt, Amaya, Betsoft, for example, was enough. However, modern casinos offer games from many studios at the same time. This creates an exceptional variety of games and we recommend you to find an operator that works with at least a couple of gaming companies at the same time;
- Reputation and regulation: the games are important, but finding a fair online casino is also crucial. You don’t want to lose your money to a malicious company so watch out for the gambling license of the operator. It should be issued by a proven authority such as the gambling commissions in Malta, Curacao, Gibraltar, or the United Kingdom, to name a few;
- Bonuses and promotions: a solid selection of games is not enough if you don’t have various opportunities to earn additional value. The best online casinos out there offer huge welcome bonuses to start with and add lots of ongoing offers available to loyal players;
- Mobile gambling: the top providers of casino software have been producing tons of games compatible with phones and tablets in the past couple of years. If you enjoy playing on the go, make sure to pick an operator with a slick mobile version;
- Banking options: the ability to deposit and withdraw money in a quick and convenient matter is an important part of online gambling. This is why the best casinos out there offer plenty of different payment methods such as credit cards, wire transfers, e-wallets, and more;
- Friendly support: if you ever have questions or problems, you will need the help of the operator’s customer support team. This is why you should be provided with a comfortable way to reach the staff quickly.
A Quick Look At The History Of Casino Software
It all started in the 1990s when the first generation of online casinos was launched. The games were quite simple at the beginning, mostly because of the technology at the time. Most operators had around 20-30 products each. Slots, blackjack, roulette, and video poker were the first types of games provided.
One of the first providers of casino software back then was Microgaming. The company was established in 1994 and is still one of the biggest studios in the industry up to this date. They were powering most of the casinos towards the end of the 20th century.
This is where the big boom of online casinos started and more game developers joined the show. Computers were getting more and more powerful which lead to a dramatic rise in the quality of the casino software. Slots, in particular, benefited greatly from the innovations on the market. The graphics and themes got much better. In terms of gameplay, it wasn’t only about simple slots with a couple of reels and paylines anymore. The new generation of games had cool new features such as exciting side games, free spins, and could reach more than 20 paylines. This attracted even more people and the casino industry now had hundreds of operators and millions of customers from all over the globe.
The next huge step was the advancement of mobile phones and tablets. The powerful microchip processors and the Touch screen technology completely changed the industry. There was a high demand for games available on the go and the developers obliged. Lots of the casino titles were adjusted so they can provide a quality experience compatible with phone and tablets such as iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, and Blackberry.
Another segment of the industry that became widely popular are the casinos with live dealers. Most of the biggest gaming companies in the industry started offering their own products. Others specialized solely in these kinds of products, like Evolution Gaming.
What Types Of Online Casino Platforms Are Available
There are two major types of casino platforms when it comes to desktop play:
Downloadable Casino Clients
Initially, all casinos on the market required you to download and install additional software to play the games. This was the only way to produce a quality experience and products with stunning graphics and gameplay. The negative side of this approach is the extra effort required from the user’s point of view, as well as the disk space taken by the platforms. Also, the operators were restricted to offer titles by only one software provider. However, it gave the developers more freedom and a better environment to create innovative games.
Instant Play Operators
Thanks to the advancement of technology, most casinos nowadays are available for instant play. This means that you can access all of their games directly from their website. Just open it, browse around to find the best game and you’re good to go. It eliminates the whole process of installing additional software and launching it every time. Furthermore, you can open other stuff on your computer and switch between the casino and them. The best thing about instant play casinos is the opportunity to offer games by all kinds of developers. This is the reason why the top operators in the industry have hundreds of titles and constantly launch new ones by the most popular software studios on the market.
There are still some online casino sites that have a downloadable version, but even they offer instant play for most of the games.
What Are The Advantages Of The Top Developers Over The Rest
There are a couple of things that the top providers of online casino software do better than the rest:
- User interface: this aspect is often underrated, especially by people who are used to the simple navigation of the games by renowned developers. It’s because how seamless the flow of the games is. You adjust your bets easily, pick different modules and there’s always a clear explanation of the ways you can win while playing. If you try a game with awkward navigation, you will instantly understand the difference;
- Gameplay: the most exciting game producers out there never stop trying new features and side games. It’s most evident in the development of slot machines in the past two decades. They started by offering a fairly straightforward gameplay with a couple of reels and paylines. Later, they became larger and side games with free spins and bonus rounds were included. Nowadays, you can see all kinds of wild symbols, jackpots and exciting new stuff. The whole experience combines the best traits of video games with traditional gambling;
- Graphics and sounds: this is one of the more obvious advantages of the top developers of casino games. They tend to invest a lot in graphics and sounds so the users can enjoy each game. As a result, you will see mesmerizing animations, symbols and backgrounds. The sounds add the final touch and some are humorous, others simply beautiful;
- Variety of the products: the quality of the games is obviously important, but it’s about variety as well. The technologies are advancing so fast that there are new opportunities by the minute. The leading developers in the industry take advantage of that and keep producing new and exciting games all the time. This is how the players never run out of exciting options and fresh content;
- Mobile compatibility: mobile gambling has become an essential part of the industry in the past couple of years. Millions of people play on their phones and tablets. The demand for games on the go is huge and the best developers out there make sure to supply enough of them.
More Recommended Operators
What Are The Main Casino Games
There are a couple of different games that attract the most customers in the online gambling industry. Naturally, the developers follow the trends and focus their efforts in the following segments:
- Slots: slots are, without a doubt, the most attractive games in the world of online gambling. They’re simple, entertaining and could change your life in a heartbeat. This is why the variety of slots out there is beyond the limits of imagination. They truly come in all shapes and sizes. One of the biggest game changers was the introduction of slots with a shared progressive jackpot. As a result, you can see the prizes reach millions on a regular basis;
- Table games: the evergreen casino classics such as blackjack, roulette, and baccarat will always have a loyal fan base. The power of the latest technologies is a great opportunity to take them a step further. This is exactly what the best game developers are doing. You will see all kinds new variations of these classic games such as multi-ball roulette, for example;
- Video poker: another classic game that is present in almost any casino out there. The rules are simple, regardless of the specific variation. Still, the best developers are making video poker more attractive than ever with cool graphics and innovative gameplay mechanics. Some titles even have progressive jackpots;
- Games with live dealers: this is where the biggest advantages of online gambling meet the social experience of brick-and-mortar casinos. All major studios have their own games with live dealers and you can expect HD streams, friendly croupiers and a seamless user interface.
What Are The Most Popular Companies?
There are many high-quality developers, but some have earned an exceptional reputation through the years:
- Microgaming: one of the first companies in the business is the largest producer of games today. There are plenty of casinos that offer products by Microgaming and the studio releases new titles on a regular basis. Slots are the primary target, but there are other casino games as well;
- Playtech: another giant in the industry that has been around for ages. Lots of casinos out there are powered by Playtech and the company offers full range of gambling products;
- NetEnt: NetEnt is one of the hottest names in the gambling industry. The company has exploded recently and is a leader when it comes to slots. The innovative mechanics and beautiful graphics are the main factors behind NetEnt’s huge success;
- Betsoft: another experienced gaming studio that is taking full advantage of the latest technologies. In fact, Betsoft is considered as one of the most advanced players on the market when it comes to technical innovations;
- Evolution Gaming: some of the best live casino products online are produced by Evolution Gaming. This is the company’s specialty and you will hardly find better games with live dealers;
- Cryptologic: another experienced gaming studio that goes way back. Cryptologic took a hit with the rise of the competition, but it’s still going strong. The games of this particular developer are known for the realistic graphics.
A Quick Look At The Future
The online casino market is extremely competitive and this works in favor of the customers. Even the largest developers can’t afford to slow down and are always trying to produce better games. With new technologies such as Virtual Reality on the rise, the future of online gambling looks promising.
The online casino industry is thriving and game developers are the powerhouse behind it. The platforms of most operators are unreal and just keep getting better in the past 20 years. It’s exciting to see where’s the limit, if there is one.