Mobile Casinos In A Nutshell
When mobile phones came around, the world was amazed by the technology. Just a couple of decades later, smartphones and tablets have become an inseparable part of our daily lives. They have the power of computers now and provide a platform for all kinds of stuff. One of them is gambling and there are hundreds of mobile casinos. You can play various games, clear bonuses and have a lot of fun on the go.
How Did Mobile Casinos Advance So Much?
- Top Mobile Casinos
- * The below amounts include qualifying deposits. T&C’s apply.
- Cherry JackpotUp to $20,000*9.9 /10
- Miami ClubUp to $800*9.8 /10
- Sloto'CashUp to $4,000*9.7 /10
- 888casinoUp to $300*9.6 /10
- Play at Cherry Jackpot!
The main reason behind the rise of mobile gambling is the insane technological advancement since the start of this century. Here are some of the biggest game-changers that made it happen:
- Processing power: I don’t think anyone expected how powerful the microchips used today would be. They are as good as those of an average computer and this allows any mobile casino to provide games with stunning graphics and low loading times. It’s amazing how such small devices have so much power;
- 3G and 4G Internet: playing on the go does require a decent internet connection. That’s where 3G and 4G networks came into play. You don’t need to connect to Wi-Fi because you get fast connection almost everywhere nowadays;
- Touch screen technology: this is arguably one of the most important reasons for the success of phones and tablets. The user interface is seamless and you can navigate through mobile casinos and play the games by using just one finger;
- HTML 5: initially, you would mostly find mobile casino apps that had to be installed and downloaded by the users. This took some extra investment from the operators and required space on the device of the customer. Thanks to HTML 5 many casinos have a mobile responsive website and the games can be played instantly;
- The rise of tablets: while phones remain somewhat limited mostly because of their size, tablets offer pretty much the same service as on a computer. There is enough space to create stunning graphics and they usually have even more processing power. This makes them perfect for mobile casinos;
- Security technologies: one of the main concerns of most people is the safety of online mobile casinos. While you should try and avoid unsecured public networks just in case, the latest encryptions on the market are pretty much bullet-proof. It’s close to impossible to suffer a hack or any other breach of security that might compromise your money or personal data.
With so many innovations coming together in the past 10 years or so, the success of mobile casinos seemed inevitable. Tech progress shows no signs of slowing down and we’re excited to see what happens next.
What Are The Advantages Of Mobile Casino Apps?
Technology made it happen, but why are people actually playing on mobile so often? Probably the main factor here is that it’s extremely convenient. You can enjoy a fulfilling casino experience at any given moment and from any place. For example, you can play on the way to work or during your lunch break. A quick session here and there will make your day more enjoyable. On top of that, you don’t need to open a separate account to play on the go.
The other main advantage of mobile casinos are the bonuses. The competition for customers between the operators is savage and the players are the big winner. Usually best online casinos offer promotions exclusive to mobile gaming, hoping they would build a solid fan base. For example, you will often see free spins available for new slots that the operator is trying to boost or special bonus that can be cleared on mobile only.
|Top Mobile Casinos in 2018|
|№||Rating||Brand||Bonus||All Games||Software||Licence||Support||Min. Deposit||More
|1||9.9/10||Cherry Jackpot||Up to $20,000||150+||RTG||Curacao||24/7,
|$30||Play NowRead Review|
|2||9.8/10||Slots.lv||Up to $5,000||250+||Realtime Gaming,
|Kahnawake Gaming Commission||24/7,
|$20||Play NowRead Review|
|3||9.8/10||Bovada||Up to $3,000||250+||Realtime Gaming,
|Kahnawake Gaming Commission||24/7,
|$10||Play NowRead Review|
|4||9.7/10||Sloto’Cash||Up to $4,000||150+||RTG||Curacao||24/7,
|$25||Play NowRead Review|
|5||9.7/10||JackpotCity||Up to $1,600||400+||Microgaming,
|Malta Gaming Authority||24/7,
|$10||Play NowRead Review|
|6||9.6/10||Miami Club||Up to $800||160+||WGS||Government of Curacao||24/7,
|$20||Play NowRead Review|
|7||9.5/10||CasinoMax||Up to $9,000||150+||RTG||Curacao||24/7,
|$30||Play NowRead Review|
|8||9.5/10||888casino||Up To $300||300+||Cryptologic, 888 Gaming, Dragonfish||New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement||24/7,
|$10||Play NowRead Review|
|9||9.4/10||Royal Panda||Up to $100
|400+||Netent, Microgaming, Nextgen||UK Gambling Commission||Live Chat||$10||PlayRead Review|
|10||9.4/10||Ruby Fortune||Up to $750||450+||Microgaming||MGA||Live Chat||$20||Play NowRead Review|
|11||9.3/10||Spin Palace||Up to $1,000||450+||Microgaming||MGA||Live Chat||$10||Play NowRead Review|
|12||9.3/10||Uptown Aces||Up to $8,888||150+||RTG||Curacao||Live Chat||$25||Play NowRead Review|
|13||4.9/10||bet365||–||400+||Playtech||State Commission on Gambling||24/7,
|14||4.7/10||Winner||–||300+||Playtech||UK Gambling Commission||24/7,
|15||4.4/10||BetVictor||–||600+||NetEnt, Microgaming and more||UK and Gibraltar Gambling Commissions||24/7,
|16||3.9/10||JAXX.com||–||100+||Nextgen and Extreme Live Gaming||UK Gambling Commissions||Email &
|17||3.8/10||Red Queen||–||375+||1X2 Games, Elk Studios, NextGen, etc.||UKGC||24/7,
|18||3.8/10||BetBright||–||480+||Netent, Microgaming, Nextgen, 1X2Gaming, ELK Studios, Nektan, etc.||UKGC||Phone, Email, Live Chat||£10||N/ARead Review|
|19||3.9/10||Casino Palace||–||400+||MasterCard, Visa,
Maestro, Neteller, Skrill, PayPal
|UKGC, MGA||Phone, Email, Live Chat||£10||N/ARead Review|
|20||3.6/10||West Way Games||–||100+||Netent, IGT, Parlay Games, and ComTrade||UKGC||Phone, Email, Live Chat||£10||N/ARead Review|
Things To Consider When Picking A Mobile Casino
If you’re one of the many people that would like to play on the go, we have some tips how to pick the best mobile casino possible. As you can imagine, some operators are better than others. The main goal is to find the most satisfying experience and give yourself the best chance to win some money in the long run. Here are the criteria we believe are crucial:
- User interface: this one is often underrated but you should never underestimate the importance of the user interface of a certain mobile casino. If it’s awkwardly done, you could spend a ridiculous amount of time tapping around and feeling confused. Everything should be simple and intuitive;
- Games available: unlike our first point, this one is pretty obvious. The selection of games has a direct influence on your overall experience. Obviously, there is no universal formula here and it depends on your personal preference. Some casinos are better for slots, others for table games and some have an exceptional collection of tables with live dealers;
- Performance: most mobile casino apps only require a decent internet connection to work properly. However, some of them might struggle to perform well on your device, especially if it’s an older model. You want smooth graphics and acceptable loading times;
- Promotions: as already mentioned, lots of gambling operators will give you plenty of chances to earn extra cash on mobile. Get the best offer out there, as this could be the difference between winning and losing;
- Regulation and fair play: unfortunately, some casinos out there are not fair to their customers. This is why you should stick to operators with a solid reputation and a proper license from a well-known gambling commission.
These are the main points you should consider when picking the best mobile casino out there. Of course, you should always stick to the aspects that matter in general. The variety of payment options available, the speed of the withdrawals, and the support should play a big part in your final pick.
Can I Do Other Things Beside Playing Games On The Go?
The mobile casino apps are fully functional, not only when it comes to the games available. You can perform the following actions using most of them:
- Open a new account: signing up usually takes just a couple of minutes and you’re ready to start playing;
- Use the cashier: you can deposit or withdraw money through your mobile device with just a couple of taps. Most payment providers are compatible with both phones and tablets;
- Obtain bonuses and earn from promotions: whether you’re clearing the wagering requirements of a bonus or you’re trying to earn points for the next level of a casino’s loyalty program, you can do it on mobile;
- Contact the support: if you stumble upon some issues, you can contact the customer support team using your device. Most of the time, the staff will help you in real time through live chats or on the phone.
As you can see, the mobile casino platforms provide the complete gambling experience on the go. You can perform any important action seamlessly.
What Games Can I Play On Mobile?
The simple answer to this question would be all kinds of casino games. Still, the variety when you play on a desktop computer is stronger, as many old titles don’t have a mobile version. Fortunately, the majority of the new games are compatible with phones and tablets. Here are some details about each type of product available on the go:
Obviously, slots are the most popular casino game and most casinos offer hundreds of them. Considering the simple gameplay and the number of customers they attract, it’s no surprise that there are loads of mobile slots. You can pick between classic ones with just a couple of reels and paylines, 3D and video slots, progressive jackpots, and more. Some of the largest prizes in the past couple of years were won by mobile casino users. And the situation is getting better, as all new releases are available on the go as well.
Card and table games
Old-school card and table games such as blackjack, roulette, baccarat, Casino Hold’em, and others are also part of the selection of mobile casino apps. They can’t compete with slots in sheer numbers, but most of the time you will find a decent variety of them.
The low house edge of video poker makes it very popular among casino players. Games like Deuces Wild, Jacks or Better, All American are often part of the mobile gambling platforms. Most casinos implemented at least a couple of options and their simple gameplay is perfect for a quick session on your phone or tablet.
Games with live dealers
A lot of people are looking for the best mix between the experience at land-based casinos and online operators. This is exactly what tables with real croupiers supply. More and more gambling platforms add them to their mobile version as well. You usually can play popular games such as blackjack, baccarat, roulette, Ultimate Texas Hold’em, Casino Hold’em, Three Card Poker, and even variations of the Wheel of Fortune. They come with different rules sets and betting limits, so most players can find a suitable table. However, these games are streamed live which means you need a solid internet connection.
What Kind Of Mobile Compatible Casinos Are There?
There are two main types of casinos on the go:
Mobile casino apps
A lot of casinos have developed a native app that needs to be downloaded and installed on the phone or tablet. In fact, up to a couple of years ago, the majority of the mobile casinos went that route. It allowed them to take full advantage of the technical abilities of each device and the OS it came with. There are still a lot of operators that have an application. Most of them are targeting iOS and Android as they are the most popular phones and tablets on the markets. Occasionally, there are designated platform for Windows Phone and Blackberry as well.
How to launch the mobile casino?
If the casino you picked offers a native app, you will need to download and install it. For iOS devices, you need to visit the App Store and find the software there. Just tap on the download button and you will be done in a couple of minutes. The steps are different with Android, since Google Play doesn’t allow gambling apps. Usually, the download link could be found on the casino’s website. Just visit it and follow the instructions.
Mobile responsive website
The already mentioned HTML 5 technology was a true game-changer and it allowed online casinos to create mobile responsive websites. As a result, they no longer need to necessarily develop a native app and the players can directly open their page on the browser of their device. The main advantage is that you don’t have to spend time downloading and installing additional software that takes a chunk of your memory. On top of that, you can use your browser settings to create an icon for fast access to the preferred mobile casino.
Most operators nowadays prefer to work on their website for another reason. You don’t have to create and support a separate application for each device or OS. Once you’re done with your mobile responsive page, all modern phones and tablets will be able to use it. The list includes iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Blackberry.
How to play through mobile responsive websites?
Just open the casino through the browser of your mobile device, log in and pick a game. As simple as that.
Which Companies Supply Mobile Casino Games?
Mobile casinos are constantly growing and this trend is obviously going to continue in the near future. This is why most of the game developers on the market are producing casino games that are compatible with as many phones and tablets as possible. Here are some of the best developers out there:
- Microgaming: one of the giants in the industry, Microgaming has already been developing mobile casino games for a while. The likes of Mega Moolah, Thunderstruck II, Avalon, Immortal Romance, and Dragon’s Fortune have attracted millions of customers;
- Playtech: another legendary company that has its own dedicated fan base. Among the most popular mobile casino games of Playtech are Gladiator, the Marvel series, Geisha Story, and Gold Rally;
- NetEnt: the company has the reputation of one of the best slots developers in the world. Most of its titles can be played on the go. Starburst, Jack Hammer 2, Gonzo’s Quest, and Mega Fortune are the ones that instantly spring to mind;
- Evolution Gaming: when it comes to live dealer tables, Evolution Gaming is among the studios that set the standards in the industry. Their high-quality live casino games are available on the go and you can pick between blackjack, baccarat, roulette, Casino Hold’em, Caribbean Stud Poker, and a couple of more products.
Those are the most famous developers of mobile casino games, but pretty much any other company is following the course. The likes of BetSoft, IGT, Thunderkick, Yggdrasil, Play’n Go, Quickspin, and many more are launching new products all the time. It’s safe to say you will be able to find fresh content at any given moment.
Other Recommended Casinos
What Kind Of Devices Are Supported?
Here’s what to expect, depending on the OS of your phone or tablet:
- iOS: as one of the most popular brands, Apple devices are accepted at pretty much any casino on the online market. The operators make sure to offer a flawless service on both iPhones and iPads. All mobile responsive site support them and often, there will be a native app for an even better performance;
- Android: the situation with most Android devices is similar to iOS. All casinos will easily scale and adapt to your phone or tablet. There are exceptions, though, and if you have an old device, it is possible to have issues;
- Windows Phone: thanks to HTML 5, mobile responsive casino websites work well on Windows mobile devices. In some rare cases, you could even find operators that developed a special app;
- Blackberry: there are not many Blackberry users out there which is why you almost certainly won’t find a native app for such phones and tablets. However, most mobile responsive pages will provide you the chance to play on the go.
Time To Sum It Up
It’s obvious that mobile casinos are here to stay and millions of people will keep playing on the go. While the software is still a tiny step behind the desktop platform, this is bound to change. The operators and developers are investing tons of money and are constantly improving the service. If you add the exclusive mobile promotions, the future for mobile gambling seems bright.