Everything You Need To Know About Skrill Casinos Online
- Top Online Casinos
- * The below amounts include qualifying deposits. T&C’s apply.
- Cherry JackpotUp to $20,000*9.9 /10
- Miami ClubUp to $800*9.8 /10
- Sloto’CashUp to $4,000*9.7 /10
- 888casinoUp to $300*9.6 /10
- Play at Cherry Jackpot!
Skrill is the direct successor of Moneybookers, one of the leading e-wallets in the online casino industry. It has been around since 2001 and is the preferred choice of millions of players from all over the globe. Unsurprisingly, Skrill is one of the payment options you can find in almost any casino on the internet.
How Does It Work?
Skrill is one of the oldest digital wallets online, although it was named Moneybookers up to a couple of years ago. The platform gives you the opportunity to quickly send and receive money online in a secure environment. You need to open an account and add a payment option, such as credit card or bank account. When you’re done with that, you can use Skrill to pay for all kinds of services online or receive money. This saves you a lot of time and makes transactions easy. You won’t need to fill details such as IBAN, credit card number, date of expiry and more every time you want to get something online.
Which Skrill Casinos Are The Best
Most casinos out there accept Skrill which gives you a lot of opportunities. Here are the criteria you should use to find the best one:
- Bonuses and promotions: getting extra value from your gambling operator is a must nowadays. Make sure to pick a casino with a large selection of juicy promotions. The welcome bonus is especially important. Some operators exlude deposits with Skrill from the initial offer and other promos after that. We strongly recommend you to skip them;
- Transactions speed: deposits with Skrill should be instant and withdrawals are supposed to take a couple of hours. The casino sends you the money within a day, a day and a half worst case scenario. The only exception is for big amounts that surpass the operator’s withdrawal limits;
- Low/no fees: the online casinos accepting Skrill shouldn’t charge you any fees for the transactions. The e-wallet is not completely free, but the best operators out there cover the cost for their customers;
- Withdrawals must be accepted: in rare cases, a certain casino may accept only deposits with Skrill and no withdrawals. This is pointless, as it forces you to use another payment options anyway. Make sure to check for that before adding funds to your account;
- Software and games: you want a casino that offers a wide selection of games, developed by one or more of the best studios in the industry. The variety and quality of the products is a guarantee for an entertaining experience;
- Safety and regulation: you should always stick to fair and honest casinos. The best way to recognize them is the license. It must be issued by a solid gambling commission such as the ones in Malta, the United Kingdom, and Gibraltar, for example;
- Customer support service: you could always stumble upon some problems, even with the best Skrill online casinos. Contacting the staff in such cases should be easy and efficient.
What Are The Advantages Of Using Skrill?
If you are not convinced about Skrill, here’s a list of the biggest benefits that come with the e-wallet:
- Lightning fast transactions: deposits with most payment methods are completed instantly by the casinos. Where Skrill really shines are the withdrawals. The likes of credit cards and bank accounts usually take up to a couple of business days. If you use Skrill, your money will often arrive within hours;
- Your funds are safe: the safety of the customers is one of the top priorities of Skrill. The company makes sure to keep your data private and your money untouched. This is achieved through the most advanced security technologies on the market;
- Most casinos offer Skrill: it’s arguably the most popular e-wallet in the online gambling world. As a result, you can use Skrill at almost any casino on the internet;
- It’s flexible: Skrill is especially useful for players who play in more than one gambling operator. You can transfer your money from one room to another within a day, which is impossible with almost any other payment provider;
- 40 currencies accepted: Skrill is open to about 200 countries from all over the globe and accepts 40 currencies or so. Chances are, you will find a suitable one;
- VIP Programme: to make it even better for loyal customers, the company has a VIP programme. It is based on your quarterly volume and can bring you various benefits such as lower fees, multi-currency account, priority bank uploads, and more;
- Skrill Prepaid Mastercard: you have the opportunity to order a Skrill Mastercard. It gives you instant access to your Skrill balance from all over the globe;
- High limits: you can move large amounts of money from and to online casinos offering Skrill;
- A handy mobile app: Skrill provides a mobile app, so you can access your balance on mobile. On top of that, most online casinos have integrated the provider in their mobile version. You can quickly deposit and withdraw on the go.
Are There Any Downsides?
Nothing is perfect in this world and Skrill is not an exception. Here are some of the negative sides of this service:
- The fees: transactions related to your casino games won’t cost much or anything. However, uploading funds to Skrill or withdrawing to your bank account/credit card both come with some additional costs;
- Currency conversions: if the currency of your casino account is different from the one in Skrill, the conversion rates will cost you some money. Make sure to use the same currency for all transactions related to the e-wallet to avoid that;
- Limitations in welcome bonuses: some casinos offering Skrill do not include deposits with the e-wallet in their opening bonuses.
Be careful with phishing scams
Skrill is as safe as it gets, but this doesn’t mean you should be careless. The biggest risk when using the e-wallet are the so-called phishing attempts. Some scammers send fake emails on the behalf of Skrill with the intention to steal your account. You should be careful with that, here’s how to protect yourself:
- Always check the domain of the e-mail sender. It might look like the official Skrill website, but it isn’t;
- Don’t open links from your email. They often lead to sites that are intended to steal your personal details and log-in to your account;
- Skrill won’t ever ask you to provide details such as your username or password via email. The company has that information, so only a scammer would request it.
Is Skrill Popular Among Online Casinos?
Yes, certainly. It’s one of the payment options you will find at pretty much any casino out there. When it comes to e-wallets, in particular, Skrill is the most popular in the online casino industry.
Is It User-Friendly?
Using Skrill doesn’t require much time or effort. You can quickly open a new account, add a payment method and start working with the provider. The only step that is not that straightforward is the verification of your credit card/bank account. Skrill will make a test transaction for a small amount and attach a code to it. Once you see it in your transaction history, you can confirm your payment method.
When it comes to the Skrill online casinos, the Cashier section of most of them is seamless. It hardly takes more than a couple of clicks to select the e-wallet and deposit or withdraw the preferred amount.
Recommended Online Casinos
We’ve prepared a list of common questions related to Skrill and their answers:
Can I use Skrill without a registration? No, you have to open an account to use the services provided by Skrill.
Does it cost extra money to open a Skrill account? No, the registration is completely free.
Is my personal data safe? Skrill takes the protection of your personal information seriously. The company won’t ever share it with third parties, even with the casinos.
Can I change my Skrill currency? No, changing the currency you picked at the start is not possible, so be careful with this one. However, if you become a VIP customer, you can have a multi-currency account.
Can I withdraw using Skrill if I haven’t deposited with the e-wallet? Most online casinos require you to withdraw your money with the same payment method used to deposit. This is why you won’t be able to cash out via Skrill, unless you funded your account in the same way.
Final Thoughts On Skrill
As you can see, Skrill is one of the best payment options available to online casino players. It’s fast, it’s flexible and it doesn’t cost much if you’re smart. On top of that, almost any operator on the market does offer the popular e-wallet to its customers. Another advantage is the option to get a Skrill Mastercard. This will eliminate the need to withdraw money from Skrill to another payment method and give you access to your balance at any given moment. You should certainly consider this provider when picking the most suitable way to deposit and withdraw money from online casinos.