What Do You Need To Know About Keno Online?
The game of Keno is similar to lotteries and a popular choice in many online casinos. Although the word itself comes from French, the origins of the game can be traced all the way to China. The legend says Keno was used to raise funds for the Great Wall of China. What we know for sure is that Keno became popular and even reached the USA in the 19th century. Nowadays, it remains the favorite lottery game of many players from all around the globe. The main reasons are the simple Keno rules and the opportunity to win huge prizes with just a tiny stake.
How To Play Keno
There are different variations of Keno, but the core rules are similar in all of them. At the start of the game, you get a ticket or a card that contains the numbers between 1 and 80. You then select a couple of them, usually at least 1 and not more than 15. When you’re done with the numbers, you can place your wager.
In the next phase of the game, 20 numbers between 1 and 80 are drawn. If any of them matches a number you picked at the start of the Keno round, you’ve got a catch. Your return at the end depends on the catches you got. You could lose your bet, double it or win a prize of up to 100,000 times your initial stake. The latter can be achieved if you pick 15 numbers and all of them are drawn. For your convenience, most Keno online casinos show a paytable, so you will know what to expect.
Is there a strategy involved?
Keno is mostly a game of luck, but you could enhance your chances to win. Each payout combination has a different house edge. There are many Keno calculators online that can help you see which one brings you the most valuable odds. Usually, the worst possible option is to select only one number as the returns on average are significantly lower compared to other bets.
How To Choose Between All The Keno Online Casinos
There are plenty of online casinos offering Keno on the market. If you want to pick the best of them, we recommend you to check for the following:
- How many Keno games are there: you don’t need hundreds of Keno machines, but it would be nice to pick from at least a couple of them, otherwise it might get a bit boring;
- What’s the Keno contribution towards bonuses and promotions: most of popular online casinos out there will gladly accept the full amount of your bets when it comes to bonuses. Still, that is not always the case and you should avoid Keno online casinos that don’t count the full stake;
- Special promos: you could get additional opportunities to earn cash with the special promotions for Keno players some casinos offer. You should get any edge you can find;
- Is Keno available on the go: the game is not as popular as slots and video poker, for example, and not all casinos offer Keno on mobile. If you’re planning to play the game on your phone or tablet, make sure to find an operator that can provide.
Beside the Keno-related criteria, you should follow some general rules when picking an online casino. Your safety is a top priority, so choose a respectable operator with a license from a proven gambling commission.
Why Should I Play This Particular Game?
There are a couple of reasons people pick Keno:
- The Keno rules are simple and exciting: there’s something appealing in games that are both simple and engaging. You don’t have to try too hard at Keno, but you still pick the numbers at the beginning;
- You could win big: obviously, every game that can bring you a reward of hundreds of thousands of times your initial stake has the potential to change your life. Keno can certainly do that within seconds;
- Bets count fully towards the wagering requirements of bonuses: if you are trying to clear an online casino bonus, Keno is a great choice. Unlike most games, wagers on this one usually contribute with the full amount towards the offer requirements.
Why Shouldn’t I?
Obviously, Keno is not only about rainbows and unicorns. The game has some huge disadvantages that must be considered:
- Very high house edge: the online casinos offering Keno are promoting the game for a reason. The house edge is very high and can even surpass the 10% mark. In comparison, the number for some of the card games out there can be below 1%;
- No strategy involved: if you like to influence the end result of the games you play with your actions, Keno is hardly the best choice. While there is some difference based on the different payouts, the strategy aspect is limited.
Our Two Cents
Despite the huge house edge, Keno remains a popular game among online gamblers. It’s certainly not the best choice out there if you’re looking for value. However, if you prefer lottery-like games with numbers and are trying to win big, Keno is a viable alternative. It is simple, entertaining and could bring you insane prizes. Another major advantage is that the casinos will add a lot of extra benefits for Keno players. This makes the game a solid pick for recreational players.