A Guide To PayPal Online Casinos
- Top Online Casinos
- * The below amounts include qualifying deposits. T&C’s apply.
- Cherry JackpotUp to $20,000*9.9 /10
- Miami ClubUp to $800*9.8 /10
- Sloto’CashUp to $4,000*9.7 /10
- 888casinoUp to $300*9.6 /10
- Play at Cherry Jackpot!
PayPal is one of the most popular e-wallets in the world. It allows you to easily transfer money online within seconds. It’s no surprise to see PayPal as one of the preferred payment options for many online casino players. Fortunately, many operators oblige and offer PayPal in their Cashier Sections.
How Does It Work?
PayPal is a simple electronic wallet or e-wallet that works as a separate checking account for online transactions. You can upload funds using a credit card or a bank account. This happens instantly and then you can use the money to buy goods, services or when it comes to online casinos, deposit cash. PayPal won’t share your details with the gambling operator, only your email. The process is similar when it comes to withdrawals. You receive the cash from the operator to your PayPal account securely. You can then send them back to your card or bank account. It usually takes a couple of working days.
How To Find The Best PayPal Casinos Online
Many online casinos have integrated PayPal to their platform. Here are the factors you should consider when picking the most suitable online operator:
- Promotions: with so many juicy offers out there, you should always stick to PayPal online casinos willing to provide various options to earn extra cash. It’s important that PayPal deposits qualify for welcome bonuses and other promotions, because that’s not always the case;
- Fees: the best casinos accepting PayPal shouldn’t charge you any fees for deposits and also little to no fees for withdrawals. If the room expects you to pay for the transactions, better look for a new one;
- Are withdrawals accepted: you should always check if the online casino accepts PayPal withdrawals. Some operators only allow deposits which can be an unpleasant surprise when you decide to cash out your winnings;
- Transaction times: PayPal is one of the fastest ways to move money online. Deposits at online casinos should be instant and there’s no reason for withdrawals to take more than 24 hours. In fact, the best casinos on the market usually complete PayPal cashouts within a couple of hours. Of course, if you’re withdrawing amounts larger than a couple of thousand dollars/euros/pounds, there could be a certain delay;
- Regulation and reputation: with so many safe gambling operators on the market, picking one that represents a risk to your money and personal data is simply stupid. Don’t do that mistake and stick to PayPal online casinos that have a proper license by a respected authority;
- Games selection: this one is individual and depends on the games you prefer to play. It’s a good idea to find a casino that offers a solid variety of them.
What Are The Biggest Benefits Of The E-wallet
There are a number of reasons why so many people prefer PayPal as their payment option when it comes to online gambling:
- Speed: e-wallets, in general, are the fastest option for withdrawals from an online gambling company. PayPal is one of the best among them and you will often receive your funds almost instantly;
- Security: PayPal is one of the safest payment providers online. The company uses the latest encryption technologies in the industry to protect the data of its customers. Also, they share limited information to the merchants. As a result, both your funds and personal data are as safe as it gets;
- Flexibility: you can attach credit and debits cards, bank accounts and other options to your PayPal. Also, if you use the services of different casinos, you can move your money between them quickly;
- Available on mobile: many online casinos offering PayPal also have a mobile version. If you prefer playing on the go, you can easily deposit or withdraw using the slick PayPal app;
- Low fees: unless there are currency conversions involved, both your deposits and withdrawals via PayPal are free or come with just a tiny cost. There are exceptions, though. As we already mentioned, look for casinos that will cover the fees;
- Works with regulated casinos: if a certain casino offers PayPal as an option, it’s most probably legit. The company tries to stay out of trouble and oblige the laws. This adds another layer of security to your online gambling experience;
- High limits: PayPal is one of the e-wallets with the highest possible limits when it comes to both deposits and withdrawals. If you like playing big, the e-wallet is a great choice.
What Are The Negative Sides Of Using PayPal
There are some disadvantages of PayPal you should be aware of:
- Fees for deposits and withdrawals: your transactions to and from the PayPal online casinos are cheap, but there are some fees when you move the money between the e-wallet and your card/bank account. They are not too big, but could be avoided if you use other payment options;
- Currency exchange: if your PayPal account’s currency is different from the one in your casino or card/bank, the exchange rates will eat some of your money. This can be best avoided by using the same currency in everything linked to PayPal;
- Freezing of accounts: the company is obsessed with security which is a good thing. However, they sometimes go too far and could freeze a legitimate account. It’s close to impossible to lose your money, but you will have to spend some time until you solve such an issue.
How Popular Is PayPal Among Online Casinos?
PayPal is not among the most widely spread payment options, but many casinos are offering it. The main reason is the company’s desire to stay out of legal trouble at any cost. As a result, they stay away if there’s the slightest reason to believe they might have issues with a certain state. This is why PayPal doesn’t offer gambling-related transactions in many countries such as the USA, India, Turkey, and others.
How Hard Is It To Use PayPal?
The whole process is fairly simple. The registration is free and requires you to fill in a web form with some personal details like e-mail, name, address, and other things. Once you’re done, the next step is to add a payment method such as credit/debit card or bank account. It happens quickly, but you will need to confirm. PayPal will send a test transaction with a code and will tell you how to find it. Just fill in the code in the requested field on the company‘s website and you’re good to go.
When it comes to the user interface of the platform or the casinos offering PayPal, you shouldn’t be troubled at all. The navigation is simple, with enough instructions to help you. Most actions take just a couple of clicks.
Beware Of Phishing Emails
Probably the biggest threat related to PayPal are the so-called phishing emails. You may receive them by senders pretending to be representatives of the e-wallet servers. They copy the PayPal e-mail template and try to steal people’s personal details.
There are a couple of ways to protect yourself from such intruders. For a start, always check the domain of the sender. It might be something similar to PayPal, but it won’t be the same as the official site. Also, you won’t be asked to share any personal details by the staff. Finally, never open PayPal links directly from e-mails you have received.
Recommended Online Casinos
Frequently Asked PayPal Questions
Here are the answers to other frequently asked questions about PayPal online casinos:
Can I use PayPal without registering? No, you will have to open a PayPal account. It’s free and takes just a couple of minutes.
How much can I deposit with PayPal? Each casino sets its own limits, so there isn’t a definitive answer. In most cases, the accepted amount is wide enough to cover both recreational players and high rollers.
What should I do if a casino tries to cheat me? PayPal offers the option to chargeback the transactions your make. Just use it and raise a case. The PayPal customer support team will examine it and return your money if you’re being scammed.
What should I do if my account is frozen for some reason? Contact the PayPal staff as soon as you can. They are friendly and will give you a hand in a timely manner.
What if my local currency is not supported by PayPal? The e-wallet will still allow you to open an account and will automatically convert all transactions to your PayPal currency and vice versa. The issue here is that you will lose a tiny chunk of the money.
So, Should I Use PayPal For Online Gambling?
PayPal is certainly a viable option, if you live in one of the countries accepted by the provider. The biggest advantages of the e-wallet are the speed of the transactions and the exceptional security measures protecting your data and funds. The price you pay for those two are the slightly higher fees compared to wire transfers and direct transaction to/from your card. However, PayPal is much more flexible and worth it most of the time.